- 6, 8 or 12 Pork Sausages
- 110g (4oz) Plain White Flour
- 300ml (half pint) Milk
- 2 Small Eggs
- half tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4 and place sausages in a lightly greased roasting tin
- Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre and break in the eggs. Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth then add the remaining milk. Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes while the sausages are cooking, then turn up the heat to Gas 8 for 5 minutes or until the fat from the sausages is smoking.
- Whisk and pour in the batter over the sausages and bake for about 5-10 minutes, then reduce to Gas 6 and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the batter around the sausages has risen and is a deep golden brown.