- 250g/9oz self-raising flour
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 1-2 (350g/12oz) sweet potatoes
- red pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 spring onions
- Make a dough with the oil, flour, turmeric, cumin, salt and some cold water, and leave to rest in the fridge
- Steam or boil the sweet potato (cut into small cubes) until tender.
- Shallow fry the pepper until soft, then add the chilli, garlic and sweet potato and fry for a while longer.
- Add the coriander and spring onion, season and leave to cool.
- Roll out the dough into thin discs about 8cm/4in across, place a heaped teaspoon of the sweet potato mixture in the middle, and seal into a cornish pasty shape using a little water to make it stick.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C/350F/Gas4) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.